Able to create journal for future days

Able to create a journal for future days, so we can draft out todos earlier for that day

RoamResearch has nice support though!

1 Like

i’m not sure i understand,

can you walk me through the use case in more detail?

1 Like

Just to throw my two cents in:

I might be taking notes in today’s journal space and then an idea for something I need to do tomorrow comes up. I’d like to get tomorrow’s journal space started today so I can make that note for it to be there for me tomorrow.

2 Likes

As an aside for something way out of reasonable scope, if Links become robust in the same vein as the “Persistent Tag Card” idea I had. Just being able to write a card in today’s space with /tomorrows space and then have that show up in tomorrow’s space in some sort of way would be amazing.

1 Like

You can also create ‘tomorrow’s’ journal by adding a new journal and changing the date in the space name. There’s nothing inherently special about journal spaces (except the moonphase, which isn’t likely to change between individual days)

3 Likes

Ah okay that’s good to know. I’ve hesitated to even try worried that /journal might not work when tomorrow rolls around.

2 Likes

/journal decides whether to create a new space or open today’s journal based only on space name, so it should still work w tomorrow named spaces

3 Likes