Started working on the marketing site for Kinopio,
I have some super rough copy, and I’ve updated https://help.kinopio.club to make room for an
/about page (on dev)
WIP: this is not what it’ll look like when it’s done
This screenshot is just for posterity. Everything is super incomplete right now, and I think this project will also involve a redesign of the help site in general.
I’ve already started noodling around with fonts and aesthetic directions in https://kinopio.club/help-site-redesign-w-fonts-La3P2hMCw_4s6PGvuv-R_
- Provide confidence for people that prefer to read/understand the basics before diving in. Meeting those people closer to their existing comfort zone.
- An explanation/resource you can send to more conservative friends/teams
- May give me the headroom to simplify/reduce the welcome space
How I expect people to end up here
https://kinopio.club will always take you to the app as it does now, but under a couple conditions you’ll see an attention grabbing notification bubble with a link to the about page. The notification will be user dismissible though, once dismissed it won’t show up again.
- if you’re a signed out user in your welcome space
- if you’re a signed out user on any space
- from an ‘about’ link in the app About dialog
- you find yourself on the help site and click ‘about’ in the header
Things I want to have/answer on this page
- what kinopio is
- show how it’s different
- what you can use it for (maybe with links to templates)
- Mentions mind-mapping more prominently, but doesn’t come off as Only for mind-mapping
Any things you think are missing?