About/Marketing page

I’m really excited about this project, especially for this goal. It’s always a bit of a challenge to introduce others to the tool because it is different, so I’m hoping this page will help that :slight_smile:

1 Like

an upfront list of example/recommended use-cases:

these will probably link to existing templates, are there specific usecases i should include here

1 Like

Two big use cases for me personally are note-taking and planning. I know note-taking is a very broad category. In particular, I use Kinopio a lot for presentation/lecture/sermon notes. This is a mode where I am listening to a speaker and writing notes I want to capture. The structure of the talk is unfolding in real-time, so the nice thing about Kinopio is that I can easily adjust placement of notes to reflect the outline as it’s being revealed.

And by planning, I am thinking of all the spec spaces you have (@pirijan), or spaces I’ve made for my team to see what features/tasks we have for an upcoming release, or where folks are planning out blog posts. Oh, and I regularly use Kinopio to outline/plan academic papers. I don’t think of these items as “mind-mapping”, but maybe others might?

1 Like

maybe i should replace ‘meeting notes’ with a more general ‘note taking’

2 Likes

Yeah, I think it depends on how it’s presented. I think it’s really helpful to have targeted examples/templates so people have something concrete they can try Kinopio out with. But I wouldn’t want people’s perceptions of Kinopio to be that it’s limited to these use cases. At the same time, listing out all the use cases might be overwhelming and suggest that the app is unfocused (even if it’s not). I suppose if, for each use case, you had concrete examples (videos, templates, tutorials), that would defend against that.

clicking on each of the examples above would take you to a template space for each, this is something I want to be lightweight and maintainable

1 Like

old progress update:

2 Likes

Love the font choice on the ‘Spatial Thinking’ headline :heart:

1 Like

A little feature of the new /about page is that it will automatically draw things along side you.

To do this, I wrote some code that would record my paint strokes and then set those strokes to play them back to with the same timing I used when drawing them.

I’ll trigger these pre-recorded strokes to draw when certain elements are in view, or maybe if you click on stuff.

1 Like

it’s pretty fun to draw next to the computer

(spark any ideas for implementing drawing in kinopio? :wink: )

1 Like

that’s why i originally built the help site persistent drawing feature, as a protoype

1 Like

I know this is work in progress, but the paint doesn’t resize, so if you resize the window, it gets misaligned:

I may or may not fix the resizing issue , resizing the page may not be common enough to be worth the high extra scope to fix

2 Likes

alrighty, the site is now released at https://help.kinopio.club/about/

What do you think? Let me know if you find any bugs or issues

2 Likes

Looks like clicking “Lots More” just loads a grey space:

2 Likes

whoops thx, just fixed that link

1 Like

Typo:

Fix:

1 Like

This feels really great and clean :slight_smile:

The drawing interaction on mobile is really fun to fiddle with!

2 Likes

Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 2.14.18 PM

on load, this notification will show up if you’re not signed in on any space, and hide itself after 10 seconds.

The ‘+ space’ button creates a welcome space and is only visible if you have no spaces (eg you visited for the first time from a space on twitter)

this replaces the previous welcome notification that only could create a welcome space, and used vague-er copy
Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 1.08.33 PM

1 Like