Add a quicker way to apply random card background color

Per discussion in Discord: https://ptb.discord.com/channels/857305113936134204/876918592313110608/930109948577320980

After selecting some cards, it would be nice to have a quick way to assign a random color. Maybe this can be exposed in the context menu and/or a keyboard shortcut.

2 Likes

why is this wanted , what are the use cases?

2 Likes

@katrocitus can you bring up what your use cases for this are?

1 Like

The default color for the card is grey, right now to change the card color it requires at least 3 clicks to select a card color. I wish there was a shortcut to randomly assign color to the selected cards, or random card color rectangle in the selected cards dialog.

2 Likes

hey katrocitus,

that makes sense, i get that it’s more clicks than ideal but can you provide info on Why you want a fully random color for your cards (as opposed to choosing one).

If you did have the shortcut for a random color, is there a risk that you wouldn’t like that color and would either have to keep hitting the shortcut or go into the normal ui anyways?

2 Likes

There are too many choices/colors, and I want the app to choose it for me. Also serendipity (like random daily prompts in journal). If there is a shortcut, I can do it again (muscle memory) if I don’t like it or I just learn to live with it.

2 Likes