Basic Cyrillic support

In Safari it shows titles with Helvetica and Osaka for everything else, but in Chrome font fallback needed at least, cause it’s 🥲 Times everywhere

1 Like

As I see Recoleta has no Cyrillic version
I’d like to give links to some lookalike substitutes with Cyrillic support, such as Roca or Cooper Bt

no Times please ^___^

1 Like

Just stable fallback to good old Arial will be supercool :slight_smile:
Or American Typewriter could be nice rounded alternative, but it’s only available as stock font on Apple devices

1 Like

hey bbbbbgdn, I’ll add that Arial, fallback.

Ya webfonts are pretty big which is why I don’t include many and can’t include a font w characters for all languages (all language fonts are typically >1mb), so they often contain only latin-centric stuff :frowning:

1 Like

I’ve just added recoletta fallbacks to a large performance release I’m hoping to release in the next week or so. I used recoleta, georgia, serif which should be a bit closer to recoletta.

1 Like

Still see this serif weirdos in some places, Chrome OSX:

2 Likes

Yup those are to be expected because all characters for all languages don’t fit into the default kinopio font. In those cases , as pictured, a fallback font is used

1 Like

I see the reasoning, should it be more readable fallback font, at least not the serif one? maybe even monospaced?

And what’s going on with web tech today, why you can display font in Safari, but in Chrome not, even on the same machine :grin:

1 Like

are you saying that the fallback font appears different in safari vs chrome,

the fonts are specified as font-family "OsakaMono-Kinopio", monospace so in this case you should be seeing monospace. If you inspect the webpage or use the whatfont extension (WhatFont Tool - The easiest way to inspect fonts in webpages « Chengyin Liu), what does it say the font is for that text?

1 Like

Yeah, just realised, that in Chrome there is settings for default fonts, and I never changed it, my default for monospace was Courier, and supposably it has no Cyrillic too

I should choose another font with Cyrillic and it will solve my issue

2 Likes