Cards disappear (no contents)

I think this is a regression from the performance optimization where you don’t draw cards that are offscreen, but sometimes cards don’t have any contents even when onscreen.

Some reports in discord:

(I saw this happen after I cut some other cards).

Discord (video included)

1 Like

I also got this once by removing a collapsed comment card

1 Like

I just saw this happen when I dragged a box with a bunch of cards in it. The second card “disappeared”.

Update: I saw this in the console. And when I reloaded the page, the card was truly gone :frowning:

1 Like

I saw this again after I pasted an image and typed some additional text in the card. I may have scrolled a little, but definitely not entirely off screen. I think it disappeared as soon as I hit enter because I never saw the image that I pasted. I did not see error logs in the console.

1 Like

fully disappearing cards (eg deleted cards) sounds like a totally seperate isssue and root cause. If you check your removed cards list do you see them there?

1 Like

What’s interesting is, I saw the card first disappear like in this thread. That is, the contents was gone, but the connector button was there.

But when I reloaded, it briefly showed and then disappeared entirely—same as the other instances where cards went missing (got obliterated after syncing).

Yes I think I did find it in removed cards.

1 Like

this may be addressed with the upcoming positional zooming update

1 Like

I have a fix for this ready for testing in https://deploy-preview-347--kinopio-client.netlify.app/ . Specifically this replaces the old card intersectionObserver based performance optimization with a more manually calculated system. (also optimizes whether to render connection lines in a similar way)

1 Like

still a couple issues with connection labels i need to sort out w this

1 Like

Yeah, I am seeing a label appear at 0, 0

1 Like

i released a fix for this , let me know if you still see this

1 Like

The connection label problem is fixed. I don’t know if this is new, but I’m observing that when zooming in and out, the origin is seemingly at 0, 0 rather than where my cursor is. So cmd-scroll is not working as expected.

ya that’s the same as production, this feature will roll out separately

optimization shipped, let me know if you still see this issue