Cards moving between boards

I don’t know how and why this happened

but I’ve just found some cards appeared here (it’s recently created board):

which was before here:

they moved to another board, Interestingly kept their positioning, attaching images of nomad cards:

2 Likes

Something similar was reported in discord: https://discord.com/channels/857305113936134204/857724063903252530/950871175263830096

1 Like

What do you mean by nomad cards? Cards created in another space?

1 Like

I mean that they are moving by themselves, like nomads :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So you created them originally in space X and they appeared in Y. And when you go to X, the cards are no longer in X. Is that correct?

1 Like

Yes, it happened for me with a bunch of cards on a different boards!
It’s really not that you want to happen at all :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s core core issue. And it’s driving me crazy)
I’d expect cards to be sitting in place solid as rocks, not jumping on random boards. It defeats the whole purpose of the app :scream: I feel like it becomes too fragile to save information like this.

2 Likes

I agree, not a good feeling. Have you been able to isolate this problem and reproduce this? Does it happen after a certain action or series of actions?

1 Like

No, it just happened couple of times here and there. It’s not happening in the view, I just started to find random cards in not usual places.

UPD:
It is so frustrating, just had one again. I think it happened after I opened kinopio in tab, and while the default space is loading, I change the space from the menu. Not waiting the load of the first one.
here is some logs I saved
http://bbbbb.gdn/kinopio_cards_moving_Console.txt

2 Likes

arg if i could repro this i would def fix it, but i haven’t been able to run into this issue :frowning:

this would make sense and is a good clue – did you do this the other times you saw this issue?

1 Like

I don’t know yet, but I feel recently I started to getting it more than before :slight_smile:
maybe cards could have some kind history of recent movements to track the issue?

2 Likes

i’ve added additional/more-aggressive checks to the loading system to ensure that the space data that loads belongs to the currently selected space. Let me know if this fixes the issue

1 Like

This seems to only address one side. The other side is that cards were gone from the original space. But now will the mitigation cause them to disappear into the ether?

This may prevent all sides of the issue from happening. Again, it’s hard to say for sure because this isn’t easy to repro apparently

1 Like

I marked everything in this Space with pink (which I rarely use now)

So I can clearly see that it’s now jumped to this space (which I use a lot recent days), I don’t know actually when it happened

2 Likes

when did you mark/color everything in the space? Trying to figure out if this happened before or after the potential fix i shipped earlier (^^ Cards moving between boards)

1 Like