Dall-e image generation

Yes, prompt engineering is a new thing and doesn’t map directly with how folks might currently use cards. On the other hand, there is a lot of experimentation, trying different strings, phrases, ideas, which is very similar to other brainstorming I’ve done in Kinopio.

I want to be clear, I was thinking 10 for the lifetime of a free account. Not 10/month. I think it’s valuable enough that it would push folks to become upgraded customers. But pricing is dark art, so who knows.

yup i agree

1 Like

that’s the biggest reason I wish the pricing wasn’t so bad. The closest thing I’ve seen to what you’re proposing w making prompts from cards is the ‘artist’ template on fermat.ws ,

when AI generation is a part of card creation it kinda guides you to making cards for prompts, rather than the other way around imo. This definitely didn’t feel like a place for thinking

1 Like

:sparkles: I’ve got the core workflow of generating AI images working, there’s no usage limits or history yet though. You can try it out at https://deploy-preview-328--kinopio-client.netlify.app/

2 Likes

Watching the video on fermat was exactly how I was picturing Kinopio potentially working with cards as prompts. But again, I think how you have it set-up with the generation in card creation is plenty.

2 Likes

not currently in the staging environment version, but the last used image service (ai, stickers, etc.) will be sticky and open to your last used one when opened. so if you always use ai or whatever, this’ll save you a click.

the last bits to do are the limits and history

2 Likes

This is just wild

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::exploding_head:

1 Like

Some of the image URLs being generated have two underscores causing the card to display the url with partial italics and not the image.

1 Like

i have a fix for this issue that’ll be released with the next beta

1 Like

you’ll be able to access your ai history from the sidebar with this now tetris-y button
Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 9.45.36 AM

2 Likes

Just a tiny thought, might be a bit cleaner if you stacked Tags/Links, Comments/AI, and then have the trash can either as the Tetris piece on the top right or as a tall skinny bookend button with the trash can/arrow stacked within the skinny button.

Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 10.02.21 AM

like this? i think the gap on the right looks kinda awk tho

I was thinking of forcing the buttons to line up - so Tags would have more white space around it so it’s the same width as Links—same with comments/AI

I clicked Generate, and then went to make a new card. This closed the dialog and terminated the generation process. Maybe it should continue in the background, or prevent me from canceling it unintentionally.

clicking an image or the button copies the url to the clipboard so you can use it wherever

something still off about the density of this layout tho, maybe instead I should show all images and reveal the prompt (and copy button) only when you click on it…

1 Like

to literally force them I would have to add different padding settings for each button which cause them to possibly be a bit janky looking

ya i get that, but the behaviour is consistent w searching for image cards too - if you don’t select an image then there’s no image associated with the card. The AI history in the sidebar still gets updated with your result though so it can be found there

2 Likes

redid the ui to be more image-y and less cerebral. The actions are to either copy the image url or the prompt text
Screen Recording 2022-11-09 at 1.34.44 PM

2 Likes

shipped the history pane to staging, same url as before: https://deploy-preview-328--kinopio-client.netlify.app/

1 Like

the last big thing to do now is user limits

1 Like