Distinguish between colored card and selected card

One of these is a colored card, and the other is a selected card. Prior to colored cards, it was obvious when I (or another collaborator) had selected cards. Now it is really hard to tell (they are visually the same).

1 Like

Selected could maybe have a little glow around the card, like the animation you get when first selecting something.

2 Likes

Exactly :). Like shadow or outline in CSS.

1 Like

maybe this…

Untitled

3 Likes

I like that a lot.

1 Like

Looks nice! How does it coexist with the “stack indicator”? (I mean little black boxes with white numbers).

1 Like

worst case scenario it overlaps like this, but i think irl seeing at least one indicator is enough to indicate that the cards are selectedScreen Shot 2022-01-19 at 9.45.48 AM

2 Likes

Sure.
Brainstorming:

• What about to replace the stack “2” indicator by " :slight_smile: " when selected.
  • Or to put the smiley under the number (maybe even better)?
  • Or change the color of “2” when stack selected? (Not sure whether the smiley should signify something else than selection)
1 Like

shipped, I don’t think you’ll find it a problem irl so i’ll keep it simple and stupid for now

2 Likes

Works well!

The faces just look a little bit sad :(… image

1 Like

huh it’s the same face pic, it’s a smile :), but maybe at too small size it looks like a neutral :expressionless:

2 Likes

I know… but it looks somehow sad :(.

1 Like

But it is no big issue. Maybe the cards don’t want to be selected ;).

1 Like