Drag to move around Space - Feature Request

Would be great to have a grab hand mode (normally space bar on most design app) to be able to drag around the canvas without using the scroll bars.

3 Likes

Panning with Spacebar :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think this should be a core function of kinopio, not add on via 3rd party tools, as its a common design pattern to pan in this way. Doesn’t have to be the hand icon though in true Kinopio style could be something more funky

imo on the web , as a whole, it’s a lot more common to scroll the way you scroll a website – especially if you have a trackpad.

imo other apps use pan scrolling because they’ve reserved mouse scrolling for zooming – which maybe is more of a crutch than a pattern…

2 Likes

I agree in fact, I like that it is web ‘native’ in its scrolling I would however think the additional option to pan around using a hand ‘tool’ / space bar would be very nice. As for zooming again I would love to see keyboard shortcuts for the Kinopio zoom slider, without hijacking the browser shortcuts obviously

2 Likes

What do you mean by zooming in this context? What would you want zooming to be if it is not doing what the slider does?

1 Like

just keyboard shortcuts for this function thats all

1 Like

how do you mean? the browser shortcuts for zooming in and out are overridden by Kinopio’s scaling/zooming. At above 100% zoom, the native browser zoom takes over. how would you want this to behave differently?

1 Like

I mean press + or - on keyboard and it controls the little Kinopio zoom slider when not editing a card obviously

building this soon

3 Likes
2 Likes