Firefox silently fails to save to localStorage

I’ve been using Firefox 97 for a few minutes and I’ve seen that warning about “Local storage error has occured, please refresh”. I don’t see any data loss yet though, nor are there errors in the console, just a warning (I’ll screencap it next time).

btw, I think occured is a typo: should be occurred :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tend to see that error toast when I navigate to another space within the app.

Here’s the warning in the console:

Oh, and the space I navigated to is not read-only or open.

Strangely, I haven’t seen this error since I last posted about it. I’m on Firefox 96 now - maybe it’s a 95 bug?

1 Like

I came to my work computer this morning where I had a Firefox window open with Kinopio. The “Local storage error has occured” message was there. I hit refresh, and it was still there. At this point, I also saw the scarier error in the console about quota being exceeded.

I opened the space in another browser and I’m still seeing sync happening though. Even if I refresh the page, the error toast persists.

1 Like

i’ll be shipping a possible fix to this specific issue alongside box-select. In the meantime, you’ll have to sign out and back in to fix this

1 Like

the mitigation for this issue is now live

1 Like

What is the mitigation? Although I hadn’t seen any data loss recently, I still want to keep an eye on it.

Fixes a bug when purging cached spaces that would keep ff showing sync errors even after refresh

1 Like