Highlight today's journal in the space list

something like

3 Likes

added a little ‘today’ sun icon next to today’s journal

3 Likes

the logic is based on the space creation date matching today. The downside of this is that if you create a tomorrow space (by manual renaming or by new/tomorrow) that journal space will also have the today badge for today (and won’t have it tomorrow).

I’m not sure if that’s a big deal or not. The alternative is to base the today date status on the actual space name. However if you rename spaces to take the date out of it, then that’ll remove the today icon even for journals created today.

thoughts?

3 Likes

This looks perfect, hope we can overcome the difficulties :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

My preference would be to handle by Space name as I personally don’t change the name unless I’m creating a second Journal space for the day.

But I like the idea of highlighting today’s space enough that I’d probably stop creating tomorrow’s Space early in order to make it work.

2 Likes

i’ve just updated it to use the space name then

the name is extracted from the journal space using a regex (https://regexr.com/6471p) , so it also works if extra stuff is appended to the name

2 Likes

It’s a relatively small thing, but wanted to chime in and say I really like this feature! It encourages me to use today’s journal as a scratch space.

2 Likes