How to combine Kinopio and ObsidianMD?

That could help, but with the character limit, Inbox cannot really accept all things. So it can’t really be a true inbox (only for certain things).

1 Like

What kind of stuff do you want to capture but exceeds the character limit?

Long text excepts and other people’s analysis.

Frankly, I don’t know if anyone has this figured out 100%. Roam-likes are not perfect as you have to tag the blocks to come back to them, and stuff doesn’t always translate into an outline well. Note-based apps like Obsidian /Evernote have more flexibility with taking in a variety of formats but then they are not great with manipulating content. Heptabse is sort of straddling in the middle (but more note-based and not block based), but I think the jury is still out there

1 Like

This doesn’t solve all use cases but what if you could click the footer inbox button and , in addition to letting you quick entry, it’d display a list of recently added cards that you could click or drag to move to the current space?

3 Likes

That would be pretty awesome

1 Like

Maybe a dumb idea, but what if there was a way to expose and edit a text only version of a space? Something like what shows up in the space references preview?

3 Likes

I like this idea. Basically helping get cards from the inbox into other places without having to visit the inbox.

2 Likes

This is another cool idea. I kind of wish the circled area could have some design to help differentiate between cards, but being able to edit from there would be killer.

2 Likes

it’s a cool idea, but building a totally diff text editing ui view would be a very big task

2 Likes

for scope reasons , it’ll be click a card to add it to the center of your viewport (no dragging it in)

I was thinking of either:

1. show a dismissable tip that “clicking on a card in the list will add it to this space” (pictured above)
  2. or don’t show a tip and instead show a ‘move here’ kind of button over each individual card. Clicking the card in the non-button region would take you to that card in the inbox).

i’m leaning towards #2, because that’d be more consistent with the behaviour of list items everywhere else in the app

3 Likes

Why is the Inbox special here? What if you could do this with any arbitrary space? I’ve sometimes wished I could split my window between two spaces and drag between them. This feature would let me at least see the context of the destination space.

I know you’re trying to limit scope but perhaps for consideration in the future.

Ben

1 Like

Why is the Inbox special here? What if you could do this with any arbitrary space?

Just like in the browser/raycast extension, the inbox being special here eliminates the friction-of/need-for manually selecting a source space – it’s a deliberately more opinionated flow

1 Like

option #2 w individual move buttons

2 Likes

when you click the card name you’ll get a (still rough) options dialog which lets you move the card to any space

3 Likes

This is amazing!

1 Like

Are you also thinking of something like this “move/copy” option for the search results for tag hits? Ability to copy a card from Tags list - #5 by Sharknader

3 Likes

certainly in the future but not sure it’ll be part of this project

3 Likes

:articulated_lorry: shipped the ability to copy/move cards into the current space from inbox list and taglist

3 Likes

From the blog last year - https://blog.kinopio.club/posts/inbox-cards-list/

p.s. If Obsidian gains traction on their proposed .canvas file format, it’d be trivial to add support for it in Kinopio

Any update on this?

2 Likes

Obsidian gains traction on their proposed .canvas file format

It doesn’t seem like they have? That said if you can make a seperate feature request forum thread for .canvas export support I should be able to add that (let me know if you’d need importing too)

2 Likes