Insert space ... aka OneNote

There is one amazing feature in OneNote: Insert space. It does what it sounds. One selects a place on canvas and then can easily create a new space and drag text apart.

It would be great if something similar was in Kinopio because I find myself often trying to create more space on the canvas when one topic grows.

2 Likes

+1 - I think I’ve seen this mentioned elsewhere as well.

2 Likes

Yeah, the way I deal with this currently is, you can use ⌘+Shift+A to select all cards below (in terms of y value) your cursor. Then you can drag everything down to make space.

1 Like

The page size increases in that direction when a card is made near the edge. So if you want more vertical room you can click near the edge to make a card. Even if the card is cancelled by clicking elsewhere, the page space will be increased

2 Likes

The issue is I want to make the space in the middle - either vertically or horizontally. Selecting all cards bellow the cursor may help but it does not seem to be an elegant solution and it does not work for moving cards to left/right.

1 Like

Thanks! Did not know about that. It will help.

1 Like

Some context and prior discussion here: Making room in a crowded space

Thanks. But not sure whether this should be marked as “fixed or completed” ;).

Seems to work on Mac but not on Windows (I tried both CTRL and WIN key instead of ⌘).

1 Like

Yeah, Ctrl+A works to select all, but if there is supposed to be Ctrl+Shift+A to select lower, it doesn’t work :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Is ctrl-shift-a natively used on windows/your browser for something else?

1 Like

I don`t remember being it used for something else but it does not seem to work with Vivaldi browser (which is Chrome based).

1 Like

interesting, ya it works w vivaldi mac so maybe it’s os level, or maybe it’s chromium windows. I need more info to be sure – can y’all also try with some other pc browsers when/if you’ve got time? thx

2 Likes