Interim tag bug still happening

I’m seeing the interim tag bug again (still?).

Here’s how I’m reproducing it:

1. Create a card called [[test one]]
  2. Edit the card.
  3. Hit backspace on the tag name (test on, test o, etc).
  4. Observe all those edits as new tags.

1 Like

will investigate , thx

1 Like

shipped a fix for this

1 Like

I’m still seeing this bug (and I have for a while, just haven’t reported it).

Is there a way to clean these up automatically? I’m pretty sure I have dozens of tags that aren’t used in any cards but they show up in the tag browser and the tag chooser.

maybe i should add a ‘clean up’ button. It’s not ideal, but barring a much bigger tags rewrite, it’s hard to prevent empty tags from living 100% of the time

1 Like

Yeah, when I first thought this was fixed, I had occasionally and diligently deleted tags I found that were “orphaned”. But then I realized they were still being created, so I gave up. I guess it’s come to my attention again because these orphaned tags are getting in the way now.

Maybe it can be some kind of experimental functionality section? Hide it behind a key combination?

On the other hand, is this cleanup something you can run in the background on a very infrequent basis? It’s not something the user should have to care about. You could probably do a db query to see how many of these tags exist to get a sense of the rate. The big downside is that eventually they get in the way when you are autocompleting tags.

1 Like

it’s a very expensive operation so it would have to be infrequently run ya

just released a fix for this that checks and cleans up your tag list when you first open the tags dialog. The first load might be slow, but subsequent ones should be faster. :crossed_fingers:

The tags list also shows loading state like the space list does (with the loader appearing in the search filter bar)

2 Likes

confirmed working on my acct in prod, cleaned up quite a bit

2 Likes