Keyboard Shortcuts

Yeah, there’s some ambiguity, but that’s the main idea. You’ll have to decide on some frame of reference. If you have multiple cards, it probably makes sense that your frame of reference is the closest card to you. But let’s say there’s just a single card A in a space. When you’re in movement mode, hitting down arrow will move it x pixels, where x = height of A + 12 (because 12 seems to be the amount of space between neatly stacked cards). And right arrow would do the corresponding thing, but with width. (not sure if this is helping, if I have time I can mock up with some pictures)

2 Likes

More features that would be nice to do via keyboard:

• Select cards
  • Copy/move selected cards to another space
2 Likes

for the above, what would be your preferred (and secondary) key recommendations (eg select all = cmd/ctrl-a) for each?

1 Like
  • toggle through space filters (all, journals, spaces)
1 Like

Would love this!

1 Like

Curious how you imagine the workflow for this working in practice?

Cmd - K to bring up spaces and then Cmd - (something) to toggle the filter?

1 Like

Cmd - K to bring up spaces and then Cmd - (something) to toggle the filter?

do you know if there’s conventions from other apps about filtering a search results view with keyboard shortcuts? wouldn’t want to reinvent the wheel if a good one already exists here

1 Like

I do not (I know that’s not helpful). That’s why I was asking. The way I’m imagining seems a bit fiddly to me, which negates the point of a shortcut.

2 Likes
1 Like

As instructed by @pirijan, I put here my polite wish for a shortcut “go to today’s journal” (and if there is none, create one).

It is quite a common feature in Roam-like apps and I really like it!

2 Likes

What’s keys for the shortcut does roam use?

1 Like

Roam: alt+d
RemNote: alt+d
LogSeq is weird and uses “g h” (yes, ehm)
Athens: alt+d

2 Likes

When I look at Roam for go to todays daily note I see CTRL + shift + d

2 Likes

This is in my Roam and it works :man_shrugging: .

One can change it, though. (This one hasn’t been changed.)

2 Likes

But I would be completely fine if Kinopio had CTRL + Shift + D.

2 Likes

Maybe is Mac vs windows…

4 Likes

Yes, that seems to be the case. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

hmm cmd-shift-d on mac makes a browser bookmark … I could use ‘ctrl’ for both platforms in this case though

2 Likes

Just to be sure, was there already a fix for the shortcut to select all cards below the cursor on Windows? :slight_smile: I am trying it out but nothing seems to work. It would be something super useful.

2 Likes

That sounds familiar but I can’t recall, can you spin this out into a separate bug thread? Including which windows browser/version?

1 Like