Link previews disappeared (Open Graph thumbnails)

I do not know, how it happens, but I start to notice empty blocks, which had image covers before

Screenshot 2022-02-07 at 13.43.54

2 Likes

Does the link itself still work? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, for example I have saved this link, and It used to have preview

(not an advertisement, I never played it, it’s just a wishlist :slight_smile:

Actually I can add it again manually, and kinopio generates a nice preview for it

2 Likes

Interesting! Hopefully @pirijan can find the cause :). Does it happen only with steam links or also with others?

I have a bunch of them, not only steam
It’s feels like a crucial issue for me, I expect the kinopio-cards to keep its shape position and look as permanent as possible. @pirijan

If my cards is changing constantly on their behalf, It feels not a reliable way to store information :c

1 Like

hmm that’s a new one to me,

can you send me or dm me a link to a space that has this issue of missing data?

2 Likes

Especially I have troubles with this empty cards (with hidden links), that used to have Image preview before. I don’t see a reliable way to update preview for it, even if I want to, I can only create a new card, or I need make some manipulations with original link to force preview refresh.

I imagine to have at least some shortcut to manually update previews.
Actually I’m having troubles understanding this design decision with manual “hide URL”. Quick thought, I’d prefer to never see URLs by default, and only if there’s no other information about the page I add to space.

2 Likes

while you’re getting me those space examples, also let me know if you see any console log errors as well? thx

2 Likes

also can you let me know how common this issue is? does it affect all your spaces with urls? does it only affect card urls you added a long time ago?

1 Like

it looked like an clientside/network error fetching the urls for that card caused those urls to be flagged as broken, and thus were un-rendered (I can’t determine the specific cause without repro steps).

Anyways, I’ve removed this error check to see if it’s needed and the data on your cards should now be rendered.

when I load the space you sent me , the url cards all appear to have previews now

1 Like

It happens sometimes.
^___^
not sure how to reproduce it

thanks, everything is back
Is there any special console command to do it manually?

2 Likes

no, but you can copy the contents of the card to a new card to force an update on that new card

2 Likes