peek at all the public spaces currently being worked on. If you’re editing a closed/open space you’ll show up in the ‘live’ section of the app, people can come into your space but can’t edit or distract you unless the space is open.
- gives you more things to do on kinopio, makes the app more sticky with reasons to come back
- positive reinforcement for people who already like building in the open
- more visibility for open spaces looking for new collaborators
- doesn’t make the interface noisey. It’s visible, but only really noticeable if you care
- if you don’t want people to see your space live, then the space is private already
- the privacy picker will have slightly cleaner/friendlier/human language to communicate that closed means that everyone can see (‘closed’ is a term I took from are.na, but I don’t think there’s a real convention name for this?)