Panning with Spacebar

Hi, big fan of the tool and new user. I have a nice time panning around larger spaces on laptop via trackpad and on mobile, but with a mouse and keyboard it seems like being able to Spacebar + drag to pan around, much like Adobe XD and other design tools, would be really useful. Is that kind of feature available?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Welcome to Kinopio jfindlay :slight_smile:

Natively, because Kinopio is built to scroll like a regular website it doesn’t have spacebar panning – but it looks like you can add it yourself with a browser extension:

would something like these work?

If other people also need this then let me know here and I can investigate how to add this built-in

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick response! I’ll give those a shot right away. :grin:

3 Likes

Yes… I work well with SrollAnywhere… Thanks

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Bump - apologies. Something has changed here. Previously, middle-clicking in empty space brought up the windows “scroll anywhere” tool (real name not known to me) but now it does a panning hand.

The difference is that the scroll tool allows a gradual pan with no mouse movement (leave the mouse to one side of equilibrium and the system will continually scroll in that direction)

Now it requires multiple click-drag movements to scroll. Less ergonomic for me.

Edit: Since space bar and right click already do the hand thing, is there any harm putting middle-click back how it was? Worth asking…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m not against this but I have a question – can you make a new thread for this?
thx

2 Likes