Tag browser renders wrongly

I typed in [[meeting Tab to autocomplete an existing tag. Then I typed automation. Here’s out it rendered:

If I hit enter, it looks fine.

This is on the mac app.

1 Like
  • fixed: tab closes tag picker,
  • enhancement: enter and tab can select tags even if the user hasn’t typed anything
1 Like

If I type in a tag,

and then hit Tab, the tag disappears:

1 Like

If I type [[, I get the tag browser:

If I hit down or tab, the tab browser goes away. I would expect either key to allow me to step through the tags in the list.

2 Likes

the intent is that tab confirms the selection (it should select the first item in the even that nothing is selected tho). The reason tab acts like enter is that seems like the convention for autocomplete (eg in text editors or tag completion). You can use up and down keys to navigate the options.

1 Like

will fix the blank tab issue in a couple days tho

1 Like

To be clear, down arrow also wasn’t working. So there was no way to choose items. :slight_smile:

1 Like

do you still have this issue? I can’t repro arrow or tab keys closing on either safari or chrome

1 Like

I am reproducing on both Safari and Edge.

1. type [[
  2. hit down arrow
  3. tag browser disappears

For step 1, I can type in letters after starting the tag, as long as it results in some hits and there are items in the tag browser.

1 Like

I should have noted, for maybe a minute, it seemed like things were working. Down arrow was selecting items on the list. But then I couldn’t get it to work again. And it is now consistently broken. I don’t see any errors in the console.

1 Like

ok cool was able to repro and release an update

try in a bit: basically arrow up and down should no longer be able to close the tag/spacepicker dialog under any condition

1 Like

Seeing some weird behavior now:

Start typing tag, arrow down, tab to select -> different tag appears:

1 Like

Happens with ENTER too, but inconsistent on which tags and how often… I can get it to work sometimes and other times get the above. Happening across a couple tags for me. Other tags don’t seem to have this problem at all…

2 Likes

I’m still seeing inconsistent behavior. I definitely saw down arrow work. But now, it is not working. This is in Safari and Edge.

2 Likes

are you seeing any console errors w the tags that don’t work?

2 Likes

No errors. I checked every time.

2 Likes

added an additional fix, can you let me know if you can repro the bug still?

1 Like

Not happening for all tags, but when I typed in the whole tag and hit TAB, ENTER or arrowed down and hit ENTER, I got a blank tag.

I made sure to refresh and force quit before confirming it was still happening.

2 Likes

no console errors when this happened i’m guessing? is there anything in common the tags might have had?

1 Like

Pretty inconsistent. Maybe non-letters (numbers, symbols, etc.)? I’ll have to see as I continue using. I’m in the habit of selecting tags with the cursor now though…

2 Likes