Thinking of Deprecating user.shouldHideCardTips preference

When you click to create a card, if the card is blank you’ll see a question mark button. Clicking it shows you some generic card tips. Once you type, the ? button disappears.

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 10.08.16 AM

But only 8 ppl have selected the option to Hide that ?. Initially I put that option in because I thought the icon would be distracting. I’ve also never applied it myself, and have never been distracted by it irl.

So, to streamline things and take some UI complexity out of the tips dialog, I’m thinking of removing the Hide button/user preference later on.

If you have any thoughts/opinions about this do lmk

1 Like

I’m totally cool with removing that preference. I hid that ? early on more for testing purposes, and I don’t think there is a user-facing way to get it back (right?) I wouldn’t mind having it there all the time.

side-note: I wonder if the Tips dialog would be an appropriate place for a character count. don’t want to muddy up this topic unnecessarily, so feel free to ignore or start a new one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tips dialog wouldn’t work for a count because it’s not available once card text is typed

1 Like

omg i was going to mention this. I accidentally clicked hide and I didn’t know how to get it back :sweat_smile:. So I’d be happy with getting rid of the hide button haha

2 Likes

oh at first I thought you meant a live count, but I can at least put the max character limit (300) in there

alrighty, the pref is deprecated now so you’ll always be able to see card tips

1 Like