URL Previews Go Away on Return to Space

I’ve seen this happen with these two specific cards with YouTube links multiple times today. Also with some FL links.

URL Preview works when first adding. Then when you come back to the space, the preview is gone (and if the URL is hidden, it’s just a blank card), clicking it re-adds the preview. Leave the space and come back, and it starts all over again. I’ve seen it with YouTube, Instagram, and FL so far.

1 Like

FWIW, I see the same thing on your space. When visit it, I see the missing previews. If I click on them, the preview loads. But if I reload, it’s just a blank card again.

1 Like

i just released a potential fix for this (the server was failing to save previews with really long descriptions to the db). lmk if this fixes the issue

2 Likes

if it doesn’t fix the issue lmk what urls and what spaces have the problem

2 Likes

So far, it’s working as expected.

2 Likes

Perhaps a slightly different bug, but when I paste this link into a card: https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/how_to_make_an_omelet/ and then quickly press the “Hide URL” button that shows up, the image will fail to load and the card looks empty, just like in the above example. I’m not sure if this happens for all websites or just some…

2 Likes

do you mean that if you press the hide url button Before the preview has loaded then the url preview will fail to load?

1 Like

Yes I think that’s right! It does hide the url I guess but doesn’t show the preview so at the end of the day the card looks empty.

2 Likes

Just released a fix for this: the issue affected urls had a trailing / when the url preview happened to slowly.

quite a weird one - thanks for helping me find this charles!

2 Likes

Weird yeah - happy to help and thanks for fixing it!

2 Likes