Welcome friend, introduce yourself

Hi I’m Pirijan, I’m the creator of Kinopio and I like hiking, running, boxing and swimming. I work in a room that’s being slowly taken over by plants

1 Like

:wave:t2: I’m Ben. I live in Pittsburgh, PA, USA. I’m a Kinopio enthusiast – since discovering the tool 2 months ago, I’ve been finding all sorts of uses for it. I’m a software developer, enjoy coffee, and pretty busy right now with 3 young kiddos.

4 Likes

I’m Kevin. I live in Chicago and I feel inspired by Kinopio.

2 Likes

Hey Kevin! Welcome and nice to meet you

Hi! I’m Ste, I’m from the UK, and I really like Kinopio… using it, watching it develop… just a big fan of the whole aesthetic :+1:

2 Likes

Hey stegrif, welcome to the forum!

welcome, @kevando and @stegriff! glad to see you in these here parts ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

1 Like

hi! i’m sam! I have zero plants, zero kids and 23 kinopio spaces. huge fan of kinopio, it has had a very positive impact on the way I work, and I’m also inspired by it (and @pirijan). I can’t remember what it was like to work without it.

2 Likes

Super thankful to have you Sam! Welcome to the forum, plant emojis are okay instead :seedling:

1 Like

Guten Abend, my name is Olav and a work as a product owner for an app dev team in Bonn, Germany. For some time I have been toying around with tools to visualize our products, tasks and their different aspects like importance, urgency, and effort.

Also, as a side project, I am very interested in personal knowledge management tools and have even built my own which I use on a daily basis for journaling and keeping track of things.

I am very keen on trying Kinopio’s API to import some of these things and see how far I can take this.

3 Likes

Hi Olav, welcome! I checked out knowfox – I read the I want section and found myself nodding my head the whole way through :slight_smile: I have always appreciated Dave Winer’s work. And I especially resonate with what you say about hierarchies being too strict and tags being too loose.

I am very keen on trying Kinopio’s API to import some of these things and see how far I can take this.

I am very excited to see what you do with the API. Yes, take it far!

Ben

2 Likes

Welcome to the club olav! Def let us know if you need any help with the api :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Kinopio friends :hibiscus:

My name is Aneesha Deshpande, long time Kinopio fan/enthusiast/cheerleader. I’m an Actuary by day working in Insurtech but more importantly, a big sci-fi/fantasy nerd and animal lover. Going to be using this forum to post bugs and suggestions for Kinopio!

Excited to be part of this community! :dancer:t2:

3 Likes

Hi Aneesha! Welcome to the kinopio club club :dancing_women:‍♀

1 Like

Hi there,

I’m Naveen. I live in the UK. Great to be part of this community. Just recently stumbled upon Kinopio and I just love how untethered everything feels on the app. The visual elements are so much fun to interact with. Just subscribed to pro, great job by @pirijan so far.

3 Likes

Hi Naveen, nice to have you here! Welcome to the club :slight_smile:

Hello! I’m Jazz. (It’s short for Jessica.)

I just discovered Kinopio, and am… very very happy. Because I’ve been doing visual thinking notes since around 2004.

I used index cards, stickies, and butcher paper to create sketchboards for design work:

But I have a wrist injury that has taken my ability to handwrite or draw at tiny scales without pain.

Some spaces I’ve created recently:

Getting Started With Companion Robots is a brain dump for a community of practice. We make cute robots to sit on shoulders or backpacks or hair clips.

Witch Lights Software Architecture, in which I am trying to find the right model for explaining the way the machine at the heart of my interactive art installation the Witch Lights operates.

Hello, I am very happy to meet you.

3 Likes

Welcome Jazz :wave:

I saw your cool spaces in explore but I had no idea you have such a long, storied history with visual thinking notes – v cool!

(p.s. do you mind if I share this on my twitter?)

1 Like

I don’t mind, thanks for asking.

I’m @whichlights on Twitter, so feel free to mention.

1 Like

Welcome Jazz! Kinopio makes me very very happy too :slight_smile:

I love that you have explored visual/spatial notes in analog form. Your flickr album is inspiring. I have always aspired to do stuff like that. I end up getting caught up in the tools rather than actually creating (e.g. I immediately noticed your Pilot G2s, moleskines, and pigment liner pens :wink:

Please keep sharing your creations and ideas – again, welcome to the community!
Ben

2 Likes