I know you’ve toyed with comments a bit. Here’s a narrower use case that may or may not use a general comment feature:
I see a cool space, and I just want to tell the creator, this is dope. This happened today with creative-coding – Kinopio.
Maybe it’s a matter of allowing people to share a contact in their profile. Or ability to add a comment somewhere, even on a Closed space.
The trick is to enable that feeling without opening the doors to spam or abuse, some ideas
This one is particularly fun and in keeping with kinopio’s vibe:) The others are simple but good ways to give feedback, too.
to help me define the interface for a composable chat, what kind of things would you hypothetically want to say to someone in these scenarios:?
- You’re a live spectator, while the space authors are in the space too
- you’re an async visitor, you’re the only one around (possibly other spectators are there too)
- you’re an invited collaborator editing the space, maybe during a meeting
- you’re a visitor to an open space so you can also edit too
- you’re the author and other spectators show up while you’re editing
- other scenarios?