Bug When deleting linked cards

The parsing of cards is erratic. If i put a url, but then remove, its like it doesn’t parse anymore, and then the card just appears broken.

1 Like

Here’s a video: bugs in kinopio.mov - Google Drive

1 Like

I couldn’t properly reproduce with these steps. How was the initial card in your video created, because it appeared to have an empty preview before you even pasted into it.

When I follow these steps:

1. copy a card share url
  2. open another space
  3. click to create a new card
  4. paste in the card share url
  5. observed that the card url preview appears as expected
  6. then open that card again and remove the url from it
  7. observe that the url preview disappears because the url is no longer present in the card as expected

CleanShot 2024-04-20 at 10.27.12

1 Like

I recorded a video: Video Message: Testing Card Creation and Parsing | Loom

it just seems like you aren’t parsing cards again, you’re like caching a state or something. you should just find all instances of a card and show them and then if the card is edited then parse it again?

1 Like

I guess the question is, how often are you linking to a card and then deciding, in that same card, to change the card you are linking to…? Seems like a rare occurence to me…

1 Like

I do it enough that this bug keeps me from using the tool. It makes it so I have to have a clear idea of what I want to do ahead of time when in reality I rarely have an idea fully fleshed out

I’m still a pretty new user and ran into it pretty quickly and I don’t think I’m miss using this tool

1 Like

That’s fair. That’s why I asked the question. If the dev knows how often people are actually running into the issue, it’ll help with prioritization.

1 Like

fixed: changing card or web urls in card updates the url preview.

Cards still only support one url preview at a time
(that’s a much bigger project outside of the scope of this issue)

1 Like