Card with lots of new lines hangs

I was trying to reproduce Long `Ctrl + Enter` breaks the UI and I ran into another (maybe related) bug. Steps:

1. (On Vivaldi browser) create a new card:
Hello

World
  1. As soon as I hit backspace, the browser hangs. If I wait long enough (2-3 minutes), the JavaScript finishes running. I did a profile I saw that it was related to trim() being called a lot?

I went to my phone and edited this same card, and I was able to delete characters from the name there with no problems.

This occurs on both Vue 2 and 3 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I made a recording of it using this new tool called Replay: https://app.replay.io/recording/9af96933-5c56-45db-89be-82de3f03f5bc

I reproduced in Vivaldi and Firefox. Safari on desktop and iOS both are okay.

Sweet, I’ll get to this in my next bug fixing pass

1 Like

I just reproed this bug again and on Microsoft Edge, it completed locked up the browser. I couldn’t load the space anymore. I had to go delete the card in Safari and delete this space from localStorage.

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder, will look into today

1 Like

i’m having trouble repro-ing this,

1. using vivaldi
  2. i copy in the quoted text above

World
  1. i hit backspace (and tried other inputs too)
  2. the browser remains responsive, instead of locking up (i tried this on both dev and prod envs)

did i miss something?

1 Like

Can you try a few more empty lines? You are right, when I pasted that text, it was responsive. But after I added about 10 more lines, it started to slow down. If I add more, it starts to lock up.

1 Like

cool was able to repro,
fix released

1 Like