Connections and cards sometimes getting wonky

Hey, first of all, thanks for making Kinopio! It’s one of my favorite little tools on the internet. I love the vibe :heart:

I’ve noticed that in large spaces with lots of cards, sometimes cards or connections will turn invisible, and connections will go to weird places where they don’t belong. I feel like this only started very recently, maybe today or yesterday, but I’m not sure about this.

I had a hard time reproducing it, but after messing around for a while, I managed to end up with a board in this state: Kinopio – Thinking Canvas. (Note that the board is quite large.) Even when I open it in a private browser (tested Safari and Firefox on macOS), it has issues, so I think it’s not purely a client-side problem. Moving a card fixes all the connections related to that card, but sometime later (not sure what triggers it), the problem will reappear.

Here’s a couple of screenshots of what it looks like for me (first one is self-explanatory, in the second one, there’s supposed to be connections between many items):

1 Like

Well, I don’t know what changed, but this issue seems to be fixed now. Or at least, I can’t reproduce it anymore, also not on any of my real boards. There’s still a little glitching when scrolling with long connections on screen, but that’s not a big deal.

kinopiorecording

1 Like

hey Johv, ya it’s something i’m actively working on right now so you caught the fix :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aha, that explains it. Thanks for the great work!

1 Like