Export: Tag Dialog (half-baked)

I use Tags quite a lot, but don’t quiet love the utility yet.

Pinning is nice, but I still don’t actually feel like I can use them to my benefit. (Especially in regards to really building out a system for myself in staying organized within Kinopio)

(Somewhat related to my Tag Spaces idea, which I’m sure you are tired of me mentioning)

But I think being able to export the tag dialog into csv would be a big step forward for me to try to get the bigger picture and filter around when, what, etc. for using a specific tag.

———————

Some only somewhat related background for why tags feel more useful in something like Roam to me:

When clicking a tag in Roam/Logseq I get to go a dedicated place for that tag. I can add some notes there (sometimes even other tags), and then every mention of that tag is listed and behaves how I expect it. Lastly, I can then filter the mentions by other tags–making it so useful to find things.

In Kinopio, maybe it’s because it’s just a small dialog box, but it doesn’t feel permanent to me, and I still haven’t wrapped my head around the behavior for how they are listed. And obviously can’t filter.

Just some food for thought…

2 Likes

What do you mean by filtering? You can type at the top of the tag list in the tag list to filter the results

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay.

Search is nice, (and I don’t think others use tags this way), but being able to filter out or in specific other tags within the results of the tag dialog is what I was getting at.

For example, I had to break out my journal tags to be [[January 2022]] rather than [[January]] because my non-journal spaces would be difficult to find from [[January]]. If I could open [[January]] and filter in/out [[Daily Note]] There would be more flexibility.

1 Like

Sort of unrelated, but I wonder if Links could act more like Tags, give color and be able to click it to see everywhere the link was mentioned the same way the tag dialog within a card works.

I really want every tag to basically have a space. I use tags to link things together, but they also mean something themselves and I want to put info in a space dedicated to that tag.

Yes, I could create a space and have that as my “tag space”, but navigating between spaces becomes a little convoluted. I either continue to use tags and then still have to dig around to find the right space or just use Links, but then I don’t have access to the tag dialog anymore…

Hope that makes sense.

3 Likes