Feature idea: increase connections stroke when hovering/clicking on card

When you start building a more complex network of cards/connections, it can sometimes be difficult to tell what connects with what, because so many lines overlap. To resolve this, I think you could have the stroke on all of a card’s connection lines increase whenever you hover over it or click on it (in the same way the stroke increases when you click directly on a line). Alternatively you could just have some indication, through highlighting, markers, etc of what cards a given card is connected to.

1 Like

Good idea, I’ll look into that

Thx:)

2 Likes

just built it,
when you click on a card, it’s connected connection lines will appear thicker.

P.S. I’ll also make a new feature post/tweet partially quoting you if that’s cool:

2 Likes

WOW that was fast! Yeah go for it.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/KinopioClub/status/1357032883043532802 :slight_smile:

1 Like

@hubblebot another hack I found is to enable a sparse filter, which causes all non-matching cards to go translucent. This makes it easy to see all the underlying connections:

btw, welcome to the community!

ben

2 Likes

Oh this is perfect thanks! @pirijan this gives me another idea — I wonder if there could be a keyboard shortcut to turn all cards transparent in the same way?

1 Like

possibly in the future :slight_smile: , but no immediate plans rn

2 Likes

I always use the 3 key shortcut, which filters out cards without checkboxes. This is typically enough since only a small percentage of cards in my spaces have checkboxes. (That’s how I was toggling it in my video).

2 Likes

You are my lifesaver

2 Likes