Links without previews creates a blank card

Is there a way to not append the ?hidden=true to a card when pasting a private link? I would rather the URL show up than a blank card.

2 Likes

what do you mean by private link?

Here’s an example. Kinopio – Thinking Canvas

maybe a good compromise is to always show the ‘hide url’ button so that it’s easier to toggle yourself after pasting? (instead of nesting inside the ‘more’ down arrow)

:articulated_lorry: update shipped

I think your suggestion is fair. I also don’t see why we don’t default to show the url if there’s no preview. Is there a scenario where the user would rather have a blank card?

Also, I didn’t see what was shipped.

1 Like

That’s because when you paste a url I don’t know yet if there’s a preview or not

1 Like

The hide url button is always visible now when there’s a irl, making it easier to toggle visibility yourself

2 Likes

shipping soon, if you add a url without any preview info (eg https://tidal.com/track/153770868) then after failing to find preview info it’ll unhide that url so you dont end up with a blank card in this case

1 Like

updated to only hide the url after preview info is successfully retrieved (so the url is still visible while loading the preview, and if there’s no preview info the url doesn’t get hidden at all).

as seen in this slow mo gif
CleanShot 2023-07-04 at 20.44.38

1 Like