Min/Max zoom only on Windows Chromium

As requested from Twitter thread:

kinopio_control_scroll_zoom

I’m on Brave v1.61.101 on Windows 11, when I do CTRL+Scroll to zoom it’ll jump between 20% and 100% zoom only, with no steps in between. As requested, I also tried on Chrome (120.0.6099.71) and have the same problem.

If it matters, my exact Windows version is Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview 22H2 23601.1000.

2 Likes

I just tried on Windows Chrome and was able to zoom to different levels, although it felt super sensitive and was easy to accidentally go all the way for me.

2 Likes

extra info: from the rest of the discord msgs, seems to mainly affect mouse use. trackpads are okay

1 Like

also reported in Discord

1 Like

bump w new report Discord

1 Like

possibly related to this issue javascript - why is deltaY on `wheel` event different between mac and windows? - Stack Overflow , windows reports wrong wheel event values for event.deltaY …

1 Like

added some temp debug logging, if you’re having this problem can you open up the logs and do a single scroll tick of your mousewheel and send me the logs with the :racing_car: emoji?

2 Likes

windows mouse tick = 100 speed …

that event.deltaY value should be like 10ish at most from a single mouse wheel tick, not 100 :frowning:

(can i detect mouse wheels seperate from trackpads maybe?)

1 Like

fix released, let me know how it works for you

1 Like