Mobile view should have a card focus mode

Similar to how the Trello app lets you zoom to a list width, it would be nice for a way to easily zoom the view to the size of a card. And then perhaps a way to page through the other cards on the screen (next and previous buttons?) This would definitely take some design work.

Motivation: especially on mobile, it is tedious to move around the canvas to read the contents. You often have to zoom out, then pan, then zoom in. When you are zoomed in, the available target area to pan can be obscured/limited if you have a bunch of cards in the area. So, a mode where you can more easily navigate between cards to read and edit on mobile is an idea.

This isn’t high priority for me since I don’t use mobile that much, but just wanted to get the idea out there:)

2 Likes

+1 to this. Moving around and viewing cards is quite a task currently on mobile, would be great if there was an easier way to lock cards into focus. Trello was what came to my mind as well - the separate views for desktop and mobile work quite well. Having said that, I would think that this would be difficult to implement for Kinopio.

2 Likes

yes kinopio would need a different approach to solve this problem. I think it’ll be solvable tho

2 Likes