Moving cards spins, JS console error, actually works

I selected a bunch of cards and moved them to an existing space. In the UI, after hitting the Move button, the spinner just keeps spinning. I examined the console and saw this error. In a separate browser, I verified that the cards do show up in the destination space.

ah there was a bug where this would fail if the destination space wasnā€™t already locally cached, added a fix for this

while iā€™m here, to reduce upfront complexity, iā€™m also going to remove the ā€˜switch to spaceā€™ option and add that to the success notification

wip:
Screenshot of Vivaldi (2021-02-15, 11-44-33 AM)

I think thatā€™s a good improvement. that choice on whether to switch to the new space or not always slowed me down and I was never sure which one I wanted. leaving you in your current space and presenting the option to go to the new one upon success is the right move ā€“ thank you!

ya thatā€™s been my experience too,

wondering if this additional layout streamlining would also help:
before:

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 12.18.02 PM

after:
Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 12.16.15 PM

thoughts? whatā€™s easier to understand at a glance?

I see how the second one is more streamlined with less redundant information (one less ā€œMoveā€). Itā€™s hard to say which one is easier to understand at a glance, might be about the same.

But studying it a bit more, I wonder if there are other opportunities for streamlining. For example, the destination space name is still mentioned twice. You could possibly get rid of the ā€œSpace / ļ¼‹ New Spaceā€ toggle, and just have the space browser dropdown be after the ā€œToā€. Or not get rid of, but integrate the name selection into that toggle? just some thoughts, if I think of more concrete ideas I will share them :slight_smile:

1 Like

makes sense but moving the new space into a list of spaces is a whole big scope up so Iā€™ll leave it alone for now and ship just with the streamlined ā€˜switch to spaceā€™ removed

1 Like

yup, I was going to mention that too in my message. I realize I was blowing up the scope and donā€™t want you to feel like Iā€™m asking for that improvement :laughing:

1 Like