Quick chat function

I’d love a feature similar to Figma quick chat (or whatever its called, it comes up when you press /). So a bubble that follows our cursor where we can type a short message that disappears after a little time or after we press enter/close it. This would speed up communication on spaces that have multiple people working on them at the same time.

2 Likes

if you have an open or public space and other ppl show up should they also be able to / chat?

1 Like

I think anyone should be able to / chat - it’s not going to do any changes to the space, and it might be a cool way to comment on public spaces that are live.

1 Like

I remember when this feature first came out for Figma. What’s interesting is, we can kind of simulate this behavior in Kinopio because the current cursor includes the username. And that gets updated per character when it changes, so if you edit your username, others in the space can see that text get updated in real-time.

2 Likes

One thing you can do today is hide comment cards (through search or pressing 4) and pin the right side menu open to comments. They aren’t fleeting since the cards will still be there for people who don’t hide the comments, but it sort of turns it into a little chat box on the side.

Edit: one thing that might help is a key command to open a new card in comment mode and maybe a way to quickly archive comment cards from the side menu

1 Like