Recognizing URLs Regression (from API)

I know Kinopio won’t auto-load the url preview anymore (on the first time you open a Space when it comes through the API - but maybe with the new inbox and extension that can be revisited…?) but… now Kinopio doesn’t seem to recognize these URLs at all anymore.

Until now I could at least open the card and press “Hide URL” → this would also force the URL Preview to kick in for me.

Now I have to delete the last letter in the url and re-type it to get the Hide URL button to appear and kickstart the URL Preview.

1 Like

Are the repro steps:

• add card through api to space
  • visit space in browser
  • click card
  • try and hide url
  • url preview should update?
1 Like

Correct.

Currently:

• add card through api to space
  • visit space in browser
  • click card
  • try and hide url - this button does not exist anymore (at least at first), although it used to
  • new step instead: delete letter and retype before Kinopio recognized URL. This loads the preview automatically without having to hide though.
  • url preview should update? - this would work previously and still does once you take an action on a card that Kinopio recognizes having a URL
2 Likes

i believe that the root cause of this is now corrected:

when you create a new card by POSTing the api , the card will automatically be assigned a new attribute: shouldUpdateUrlPreview.

The next time you load the space, any cards with this attribute will have url previews loaded for them, and then the attribute gets removed (so it doesn’t keep checking on subsequent page loads)

2 Likes

Confirming this is working great for me.

Assuming you’ve seen and might be related, but probably not solved with this solution: Bug 1 from this public space: https://kinopio.club/-kinopio-bugs-feedback-qG7uxfOoTBVF4MZiOWI39

2 Likes