<-> show only on hover?

Just a little thing and possibly just brainstorming but what about to show <-> in images just on hover to have the space less cluttered? I don’t find extremely useful to see it all the time.

However, it is not something very important.

1 Like

That affordable is needed for touch interfaces where there is no hover state :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good point. What about pinch to zoom over an image to make it bigger or smaller? Could it work? Resizing of images does not happen so often, but <-> is visible all the time.

1 Like

But I get your point. I am not using Kinopio on mobil. I tried it but it did not work great so I am staying now with mouse. However, it is definitely something very important to have.

1 Like

Is it possible to detect interfaces without hover? Maybe there are like laptops that switch states and don’t tell the browser…

1 Like

That would conflict with the very natural gesture of pinch-to-zoom for the entire canvas.

Yeah, I realize that’s also an option, but even setting aside touch interfaces, I think one of the principles of Kinopio is that the interface is straightforward and direct. Nothing is hidden from the user. I think that’s part of what makes Kinopio feel so tactile and swift.

2 Likes

True but something is always hidden - even in Kinopio: Be it advanced formatting or pressing “space” with mouse to move the canvas.

1 Like

i’ll look into this in the future, that being said, the resize button isn’t visible to read only viewers (only you and collaborators can see it)

2 Likes

It is just a minor thing.
Something slightly bigger one (yet still quite small in the bigger perspective) is that [o] and [<->] often hide important parts of an image. But not sure what one could do with that.

1 Like