Thinking of switching to a more proactive “Add Space to Explore” model

Currently, adding a space to explore requires the user to know/understand what Explore is and know where to find the button(s) to add it.

That process is made a bit easier by the “ask to add to explore” flow which sends the space creator an email with instructions on how to add it themselves.

But whether you’re the space creator or another person, it’s kind of an awkward flow. Lately I’ve been leaning towards the model used by posts.cv where posts are instantly added to explore (aka ‘highlights’) by moderator users. And the space creator gets an email notifying/congratulating them of there space being added (if it’s their first time having a space added to explore).

This gives moderators (and ambassadors) more to do, improves curatorial/moderation control , and makes it easier to increase the explore list.

so maybe the way this’ll work is that there’ll be a special button/menu somewhere that only moderators will see, which’ll give them only mods the ability to add a space to explore.

thoughts?

1 Like

I like this general direction. I think it positions Kinopio as much more social because setting a space to Public is tied to adding it to a “public feed”. And then that space can additionally get highlighted by being curated and added to the Explore feed.

I assume that there will be a way to see all public spaces in that “public feed” since we have an API for that. But it’s not built into the UI yet (right?)

I agree the model you suggest is easier to understand and a more sensible workflow.

1 Like

I assume that there will be a way to see all public spaces in that “public feed” since we have an API for that. But it’s not built into the UI yet (right?)

Ya this is the existing ‘everyone’ feed that’s not going away

1 Like

Cool. So the way I see it, you have your Everyone feed, which in early twitter parlance is the public timeline. Then you have Following. And then a Featured or Highlights feed that is curated from the public one.

1 Like

It might be a good idea to update the copy in the space privacy dialog.

One worry I had when the Live Feed was added was that just because someone made something “not private” doesn’t mean they are necessarily okay with it being broadcasted.

The same would go for moderated explore.

So I think if the copy is updated and the email goes out (maybe with a delay of an hour so they have a chance to prevent it) then it’d be great.

It might be a good idea to update the copy in the space privacy dialog.

hows this?

So I think if the copy is updated and the email goes out (maybe with a delay of an hour so they have a chance to prevent it) then it’d be great.

In the email i’ll have instructions for opt-ing out. I don’t think a delay is required because if the space is already public then it’s already in Everyone

1 Like