"Tilting" cards left or right by a little bit

Maybe it’s a bit of a silly idea, but I would love to be able to “tilt” a card by ~20deg left or right, just to add some visual flair to it.

A quick hack with some CSS transform: rotate(-20deg)

3 Likes

it’s a cool idea and I’ve occasionally wanted that too – but i can’t figure out what the interface for tilting should be. Any ideas?

1 Like

Messing around with it, 20deg seems to be the “sweet spot” for tilting without it being too hard to read. I don’t know if it would be useful to give the option to enter custom degrees or anything :thinking:

I was thinking there could be a “tilt” button when you open the card actions, alongside frame. Could just be a little tilted box icon, clicking it would cycle through “tilted left”, “tilted right”, “not tilted”.

2 Likes

i like the idea of tilting in only 3 ways. Although I think nesting it in as a button here isn’t ideal because 1) it’s another button in this already long list , and 2) you won’t be able to see your tilted card until you close the editing view. I think tilting might be more akin to resizing, in some way

1 Like

I like this feature request—I would use it. It adds another element to differentiate cards that is whimsical.

This is coherent with the cute jiggling animation when dragging cards, too :slight_smile:

In this vain, perhaps you can use one of the other card corners (currently lower-right is for resizing) to activate.

ya i’m leaning towards doing this with a corner too

1 Like

Maybe you have to hold down a key while resizing to tilt? I know that’s not conducive to mobile, but maybe with the app a gesture like two fingers could do that…?

2 Likes

Tilt by dragging bottom-left corner of card. Implemented Feb 23, 2024: Kinopio: "Tilt Cards [New] Angle cards for fun and emphasi…" - PKM.social

1 Like