๐Ÿ› Inaccurate card count

As I mentioned in Consider exempting cards created in shared space with upgraded user one of my teammates hit their card count limit while we were collaborating. However, I think the count is inaccurate.

The spaces they can see are all ones that I own, and when I browsed through them, I can only see a dozen cards that this person created. But they are reporting their card count is 95/100.

Can you please investigate? Their user id is QGF5yLTY_njo1MU4UgQjT.

Thanks!

hmm ya I see that they should have only 37 cards created. Iโ€™ll look into what couldโ€™ve caused this. In the meantime Iโ€™ve reset their cardCount to 0

:cool:

btw, does that count include removed (but not purged) cards?

the cardcount decrements on removed cards, no need to purge them. But if you restore a removed card itโ€™ll increment again.

A bug was fixed about 2 months ago, where removing a space would not decrement the userโ€™s cards within it. My guess is that removing spaces before then is what caused the count to become inflated

Seeing the same issue, have only ever had 1 space, not sure how to get the user ID, but made the only space I have read only here:

New cards added increment and if I remove them decrement correctly, but the total card count is incorrect
1 Like

I set your card count to 36, the number of cards I found for you in the database.

There is indeed a bug on my end with the card count though. I have some thoughts on how to address this under the hood,

Thanks for letting me know

2 Likes

@pirijan is this fixed now after your changing card counts to use deltas?

1 Like

this specific issue (removing a space to decrement your card count) was fixed earlier. Switching to deltas makes the whole cardcounting system more reliable as a whole tho

2 Likes