I’ve been thinking about how to solve the problem of knowing when someone else adds a card/comment to your space.
While this isn’t a newsletter, this is tangentially related to closing the loop, Strategy Letter: Closing the Loop
- Tells you about new activity on your spaces
- Encourages more back-and-forth responses/replies in a space
- Notifications should be relevant to the user
- Easy to opt out of/unsubscribe
- Someone I don’t know adds new content to my open space
- A collaborator adds new content to a closed or private space
I don’t think I’ll cover scenarios related to sending notifications to non-members, eg.
- I’m not a member of an open space, but I’ve posted to the space and someone else adds content after I do
Still deciding on…
Do you think notifications should be via email, or should only exist within the interface (e.g. the classic twitter-style ‘bell’ pattern).
- PRO? keeps everything kinopio related in one place
- CON? potentially distracting from the process of creating inside kinopio
- PRO? emails get pushed to you, instead of waiting till the next time you use Kinopio
- CON? some people hate email and/or get too much email already (I personally love email, but I use fastmail and am very diligent about life)
In the case of email: Even if new content is constantly being added, at most you will only receive one email an hour (or day – not sure what the max sending interval should be)